Friday, September 04, 2009

Holey Moley is it September already?

How time just vanishes, and I don't even realize it. School FINALLY starts on Tuesday, and I think I'm ready. I had 2 classrooms to get in order because I'm going to be teaching at 2 different schools. One school is my "home school" and the other I'm only at 2 days a week, however, it still somehow became my responsibility to get 2 rooms together. Argh.

But it's done. And they're both ready for students.

We had 3 days of pep talks. Which is fine, I'm all for supporting teachers, lifting them up, but 3 days? I enjoyed hearing 2 of the Freedom Writer come and speak, and I liked this other guy a lot (forget who he was). But did we need 9 keynote speakers? I don't think so.

So finally, I'm ready for students. Bring them on! They're going to be full of energy and excited, I can feel it. I got to meet a few of my future students this morning, and they seemed really cute. It's been a while since I've taught the little guys, but I'm ready. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

What else? I have no idea...Lots of things. In the midst of planning the wedding too, of course. Came up with some actual ideas that may work... We'll see. Don't want to give anything away in case i don't do it. But yes, I am still making origami cranes. I have about 600 more to go. I think Jarle is going down to C-ville next week, so he's going to measure the place we're getting married at, and making sure we can fit the tables and chairs etc... it's at some one's house, so... I have no idea how it's working yet.

I'm so excited too-- because next week I'm going to go try on dresses! yay!! My best friends from high school are coming along to see and help me. So it'll be fun. I have no idea what I want, or even what might look good on me, so it will be nice to get their help. They're honest-- I think .....

Anyway, I'm ready for the weekend to begin and hopefully I'll have a little time to relax in between the school planning, yard work, and cleaning (our house has been so neglected the last 2 weeks).

Happy last unofficial weekend of summer! Enjoy it well!!!

1 comment:

Jona said...

How exciting! Wish I could be there to see what you try on! You seem in very happy spirits - that's great! Good luck starting school this week, I'll be thinking of you!