Monday, January 03, 2011

Hi, it's me again

First day back to school is always the hardest, isn't it? I had a shorter-than-usual winter break because school started after Labor Day. Well, not for me. I started school back in August. But our calendar goes along with the local school district (at least most of the time). So our vacation was cut down to 10 days. I have to say, by day 7 I was really into it. So into it, that I wish I had another 7 days to get my way out of it. It's kind of like a tease to get that amount of time off. I'm not going to complain, but it was hard to get up this morning.

But I survived. Many of my students were still there (well, there's no vacations in lock up is there). I have to say, they were pretty eager to see me for art class. Which is nice.

I've been kind of preparing what we'd begin when I got back, and decided on optical illusions. I thought it would be the perfect tie in to so many art periods, styles, and techniques. So I'm ready.

Oh, forgot to tell you... one problem. Umm...no BUDGET. What? No budget?

So plans may change. I have a few supplies left over from the year I was gone, but mostly everything is in danger of being used up!! I tried to order things in the beginning of the year, but it was "complicated" (won't get into that right now, all you need to know is that people were supposed to put in the order and didn't....multiple times). So I made a huge order and put in back in November, and well, here we are... No New Supplies.

Frustration is setting in. I think I can hang on for a few more months making something out of not much.

In addition, I'm also in 3 different classrooms throughout the day. It's amazingly horrible. I've been told there'd be changes, but the new year has not brought a single one. Not even a storage space in one of the classrooms... WHAT THE HECK.

But-- a change is going to come, my friends. It has to come. I will make it come.

So survived is definitely the word for this Monday. I'm sure there will be a few more posts like this... But I hope not.

No comments: