Saturday, April 02, 2011

A little set back

When you get a good idea going in your head, you're bound to run into troubles.  I've been researching a lot of stuff for my yoga/art curriculum idea.  I'm really excited about it, but unfortunately don't have the backing from my school.  I'm a State Operated Program, and the educational superintendent, said while she understands the benefits of yoga she can't stand behind it as an educational component.

A couple of things that I've been thinking.  One, I don't think she understands that I'm trying to create a curriculum that would include some yoga.  I don't want to REPLACE art with yoga.  I want to make them work side by side for a more therapeutic program.  On a positive note, she did say that it would make a great after hours or weekend program.  I hear what she's saying.  

So, I'm going to write out something and clearly try to create some kind of pilot program.

A few problems.  I need to find some funding.  I can't actually implement a program without being a certified yoga instructor.  I need funding, want to get a grant.  However, to get a grant, I am GUESSING (I know, I shouldn't guess) that I need approval from my principal to get any kind of educational grant.  There are tons of grants for yoga, and later this program could get a grant from that type of grant, but they're for people who are already certified yoga teachers.

So the next step is figuring out how I can get funding so I can be certified... Hummmmm.....

In the meantime, I'm taking yoga again.  I think I have some time, but I'd love to be certified by the end of next year!  There's so much to think about.  BUT-- ALL GOOD!

Namaste!

No comments: