Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yoga

I decided to try to look around on the Internet for some yoga videos, since I'm probably going to have to teach by myself someday soon..  I came across this nice video.  It's a  vinyasa flow style.  Which means you basically move with your breath.

Vinyasa actually is a Sanskrit word that means "to place in a special way".  So it kind of makes sense because you're trying to move from pose to pose.

This video is a little bit faster than I'm used to, but I think that's because it's a shorter class.  Usually we tend to move into a pose and hold it and go deeper.  But I like this as a quick yoga class when I don't know what to do, or can't make it to the studio.  *PLUS*  I actually like the person's voice who is giving direction.  It's a pleasant German/Austrian sounding voice, which to me makes me feel a little nostalgic.

Give it a try.  If you haven't ever done this style of yoga it helps to watch it first.

here it is

Anyway, more to come, more styles to come....  I'm off to go read the Sutras... I'm trying to do one a day because it's too much to sit down and read.. Thank goodness there's only 196 or so... Maybe I'll be done by the time the training is done.

Namaste!!!

No comments: