Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Enter, Final weekend of yoga training

So, so much for writing about the full journey I've been on these last 6 months of yoga training, but it really has been transformative.  While I expected to have more awareness of my body and develop a more conscious mind, I wasn't expecting to be so full.  As I sit here and begin to think about what the last six months have meant to me, I begin to feel emotional, my stomach whirling around and thinking.....what is next?

Well, I know a few things that will come, more study, more practice, and more patience with myself and others.  More thinking before speaking, more connections to a path ( a path that takes many twists and turns).  More opening in the mind and body.  More acceptance.

Yoga is a life long journey.  The term yoga means "to yoke" or union, bring together. and I feel that I have done that on so many levels.  From the people I've made connections with in our little group, to the very yogic union of mind and body.  I also feel that I've made much more of a connection with what really matter when it comes down to it.  Everything...and nothing, all at the same time.

The yogic path is about accepting, showing up, and being present, but letting go and not attaching to anything.  It's been one of the great discussions we've had in our group.  How do we keep showing up sometimes when it is so hard, how do we let go of anything that we hope to be an outcome.  How do we accept things as they are without judgement?  By taking it moment to moment.  Quite literally being present, with our breath.  Focusing on what we're doing in the present.

I think that I'm getting better at that.  While I sit and type, I am fully present in this blog.  I can feel my fingers glide over the letters, and feel the texture that is each key as I press my digits into each shape.  I feel the temperature of the room, the coolness on my skin. The way my skin feels in my bathrobe, and the light that begins to fill the room from outside the windows.  The birds are chirping, but they're not so close, and the hum of the fan is letting it's presence be known from the upstairs.  Each letter I type is linked to the next, each space I leave is a void.

So what is next for me after all this training?  Well, I could say--- party!  Because there will be one, and I could say more yoga classes because I will take them.  But I also say I will become an explorer once again, thinking about how I can apply all that I learned to the real world.  Next Monday night has the potential be to be a lonely one.  No more group to keep me focused, or share a similar understanding with.  But, as we all know... we create, we sustain, then we destroy.  It's a cycle, and this program is going to come to an end.

So thank you Brahma,Vishnu, and Shiva.

One thing that I can say that I was really showing up for the practice of headstand.  We'll, it took me a few months, but I finally got there:



And now I can let that go too.

1 comment:

Mombomb/Gramlola said...

Absolutely love and appreciate that you have found this place. I'm really proud of you, but more importantly, I know you are proud of yourself and that you will continue your journey.