Monday, July 07, 2008

Craziness

More than a few things have been going on in the last week.

One being, I decided to try to have a green thumb. I'm actually growing some lovely veggies to enjoy. I've planted basil, rosemary, thyme, lavender, lettuce, jalapenos, and green onions! YUMMY! I can't wait to see these things grow. We've used some of the herbs already, and I can seem green onions beginning to sprout (from seeds-- wow). So it's really rewarding. I know I'm picking some things that are a sure thing (lettuce is like the easiest thing, and most satisfying thing to grow). Maybe next year I'll be up to things like tomatoes, and cucumbers. I just need some more space. Everything I'm currently growing is all in containers on J's porch.... Don't worry he gets to reap the benefits too!

The other thing that was crazy this week, was Wimbledon. Holy Mackerel, I can't believe I watched the Gentleman's final... The WHOLE thing. I was indeed rooting for Federer, and of course Nadal took it. Which is fine, because I saw some historical play. Federer was looking to win his sixth straight win, but that didn't stop him from making history. He and Nadal played the longest championship grand slam match in the history of tennis. Imagine playing for almost 5 hours. Now, I must tell you, there were 2 rain delays. But they played all 5 sets. 3 to a tiebreak. There was a chance for 4 championship points, many many deuces, and I can't even tell you how exciting it was to watch. The match (in play) lasted almost 5 hours. The coverage almost as much as nine hours (don't worry I did leave for the first rain delay).

Phew, that will probably never happen again. One, I just can't watch that much tv, especially when it concerns sporting events, and there will be no more rain delays in Wimbledon because they're going to have a roof!

What else? Just awaiting more fun in the weeks to come. A friend of mine is coming to visit this weekend, the next weekend we head down to C-ville, the next -- Tilly and the Wall! Yippee!

It's going fast, and I just started making a round of paintings. One complete. A drawing --ummm, don't know what to make of it. So now I'm doing another painting... I'd like to make a little series by the end of the summer, but who knows what will happen.

Here's to summer, hope you're enjoying yours!!

No comments: