Thursday, August 14, 2008

Success!

The inspection was good! We're almost there. There are some minor issues, one being insulation in the attic, and the other being-- part of the roof over the front porch (they forgot it when they put on the new roof of the house?). So today we're going over with our realtor about costs, and if the owner will possibly take care of some of the minor issues before we move in, or knock some money off so we can get the repairs fixed ourselves. In a way I would rather it be fixed before we move in, but since we have a 2 week overlap with our leases on out own apartments, it would probably be fine.

So now the fun part begins. Painting, re-designing the basement, landscaping, furniture, decorating! Yea~! I'll try and take some pictures so you loyal readers can see the before and after images. Although it might be a long while before anyone sees the after pics. Here we are moving into this place in the next month, and work will be in full swing for both of us. I guess we'll just take it a day at a time. All our stuff will have to be in there no later than my birthday.

With that said, I've already started packing. I've cleared out a large number of book shelves in my own tiny apartment. And I'm kind of cheating with that because I'm bring a lot of books to work (s0 I don't have to move a large number to the house). Now I just need to convince J to start thinking about packing. He has lived in his apartment for over 5 years and just has tons of stuff to go through. He'll do it, but I told him he better get rid of any bodies he has stashed under the bed.... ;-)

There will be a few more steps in the process to this finally buying this house. It really makes you feel like a real adult. I can't believe I'm going to be a homeowner. A homeowner that's going to be in the same place for a long long time. I don't think I thought about this a year ago. In fact, I never thought I'd be able to live in this area for a long period of time. I always thought I would have to move from here.

I guess I better give my apartment manager my notice!! It's time to move on!!

1 comment:

Grant said...

Is there a real estate site with virtual tour?