Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's official

We got the house. The seller decided to accommodate and fix some of the things before we move in and give us some money in our pockets to fix the rest. Which is completely fine with me. We'll take care of that before we move in. Thank goodness we have a 3-weekend overlap with our rental places!

We're super excited right now. We've already ordered a couple of pieces of furniture, and picked out the colors we're going to paint the house. We're going with an "analogous" color scheme. In art speak that means the paint will be in the blue/green/yellow family (colors that are right next to each other on the color wheel). We're not going for dark colors, we're keeping it kind of light. Our house is smaller, so no need for deep hues in this one. Although, paint can always change. I also want to have some kind of neutral color in the basement place, and our office/studio space upstairs.

Did I mention we're excited? Only a few more papers to sign before the place is ours on September 12th.

We also had a blast at the beach this weekend. It was great! We met up with my family for a long weekend at Bethany Beach (we've been going there for 20 years!!). The weather couldn't have been better. It was warm, but there was a nice breeze, and at night the temperatures would just drop enough to put on a sweatshirt and eat some yummy ice cream (black raspberry anyone?). We played games, walked on the beach, swam, ate some good food...and... READ!

So speaking of reading. I finally read "The Road". It was a very quick read, I didn't want to put it down. The writing was beautiful, yet simple. The story heart-wrenching, the battle to survive in the unknown, with a splash of hope thrown in. It's basically a story about a man and his son, who must survive in the post-apocalyptic world. They are some of the only survivors left on earth. While they're traveling along the road, they come across a lot of hardship, horror, and bewilderment, but need each other. And love each other. It made me cry.

I plan on reading "No Country for Old Men". I saw the movie, and it was dark, filled with peril, and not happy in the least. But what an amazing writer Cormac McCarthy is....

Oh a much brighter note, I had the chance to play Guitar Hero~!! It's awesome. I loved it. It was hilarious and fun. I want my own. I wanted to take it from my niece, but she said no. Oh well, I'll just have to go get my own.

So there's an update for you, lots of stuff going on. And more to come. When I get in the house again, I'll take pictures...and we'll do the before and after shots!!

No comments: