Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I voted!

And Virginia must have it's act together, because it took be about 60 seconds. I didn't have to stand in any line, and I voted on a paper ballot. Easy as PIE! Unlike Floridians, who can't seem to get their act together.

I'm so excited for the change. I am actually tempted to get my hair chopped off this week, but I think I should really wait for the Inauguration Day. That is the official change of power. THANK GOD. And if all goes according to plan, it will be Obama.

Not that it matters if I vote for the president, because I don't hold the key. The stupid electoral college does.

Anyway, must go finish my grading, and lesson planning. In this district we have no school today, only a teacher work day. Which is great for us. But what about the rest of the country? Why don't we vote on the weekends? Or make it a national holiday? It's ridiculous.

Tonight I'm definitely watching the results. I hope we know by 9 pm!

No comments: