Thursday, March 05, 2009

Good times 2....or even three!

My students art will be showcased in a community celebration in Alexandria! I'm so excited. Through some frequent communication with other staff members where I work, and really displaying how much I really want my students artwork to be shown on the outside-- it's finally all coming together!

It's going to be a lot of work to get everything together, I only have 2 weeks, and....it's only for one night. So that means put up, take down in one night. But it's all for the sake of art, and my students, and finally allowing their work to carry as much weight as their peers.

I've never known if it was the lack on interest, lack of communication, or just laziness between the community members that this has never happened. But I hope to get more out there, and drum up interest for other outlets, shows, and maybe even an anthology of their work..

Anyone got any ideas on making an anthology???

OK-- so that's really good news and here's one more--

We just got tickets for The Decemberists! They canceled their tour last round-- and I was soooo disappointed. What makes it even better is that Andrew Bird is touring with them!! I can't wait to get some whistling action from Mr. Bird!!

So that really is triple good!!

I really needed that.

1 comment:

Michelle Brunner said...

Wow...such great news about the art show! Art shows are a ton of work but are wonderful if you have enough people helping! Post some student artwork on your blog, I would love to see it!

Also...I am so jealous about your Decemberists tickets...LOVE THEM!