Monday, April 27, 2009

Is it hot in here?

It's been one of those strange weather patterns. Hot hot hot! I think it was about 90 degrees yesterday. But it didn't keep us from being inside. In fact, we had already settled on going on a little hike around Burke Lake ( lovely man-made lake in the middle of suburbia). It was beautiful because most of the time we were under the trees. It goes about 5 miles around, and I can't believe my little dog, with little tiny dog legs made it all the way around. It was truly amazing. We all drove home, tired, sweaty, and very thirsty, but it was well worth it, I hear it's going to rain for most of the week later on.

In the meantime-- I guess I'll just have to paint. I actually completed 2 small paintings, and I've started a third. I hope I keep this up. I really want to get through this little sketchbook, because I promised myself that if I did, I would get to pick up some encaustic painting supplies. I love the encaustic paintings I've seen lately, and I really want to try it out.

Here are some AWESOME examples of what other artists have done..... I can't wait to try it myself.

http://www.international-encaustic-artists.org/gallery/gallery_painting.html

No comments: