Thursday, April 09, 2009

Our house...it's coming along.

Here's the Dining room. We painted it a nice warm yellow. The curtains are there to hide a hideous door we'll eventually get rid of. There's nice light that comes in from the yards. This part of the house may get larger, if we decide to add on. Who knows what we'll do.


Here's our quaint living room, with the barking Lhotse. I love this room, although we don't sit in it quite so much, because we've moved the tv downstairs to the basement. I just love all the wood, and our books. It's small too, but we plan to enclose the porch next year and make that part of the living room to expand the space. Bigger is better??? I don't know. All these renovations sound a little scary to me.



Here's our completed basement. It turned out nice. We painted it just a neutral white. We're thinking about changing it. But we like it right now. We also bought carpet tiles. HIGHLY recommend them. Easy to assemble, and easy to switch out. It's already come in handy because our bathroom down here and an issue.... not pretty. Luckily we could just pull those few tiles out, and put down new ones. It's cozy down here. This is Lhotse's hang out too, she stays down here at night time....


Pay no attention to the disarray. I rarely go in this tiny room. But it holds our desks and computer....oh... and if you can tell, J's clothes. In his defense, the closet is so-- small. He refers to this room as his "dressing room"... how snooty... I pick on him all the time. ;-)



Our bedroom. It's nice and cozy. I love the shade of blue. It's so relaxing. Our bed is comfy too.


So I left out the bathrooms, laundry room, and kitchen (no one wants to see the kitchen, it's horrible).
I'm sorry it took me so long to post these, but I just haven't been able to put them up.... I can't wait to get pictures of the garden (I'm hoping to get things planted next week)
Enjoying the last few days of spring break. -sigh-

No comments: