Tuesday, July 07, 2009

NYC!

So here I am, on an unexpected trip to NYC! I love this place. It's amazing. I've been here about 2 1/2 days now, and I feel that I have very little under my belt. There is so much to see and do, and i wish I could just spend the whole time wandering.

I'm actually here for the Lincoln Institute a National (should be international) Educator Workshop in Aesthetics.... gosh, they have a flair with words. Basically it's educators, arts administrators, college professors, and teaching artists from around the world, and many
disciplines who come and create, and discuss ANYTHING art. It's hands on, very reflective! The workshops are amazing, and the leaders of our workshops are even more so... I love every second of it.

I'm taking tons of pictures and I hope to put them all out when I get home. I can't believe how the time is flying here. It's really good for all my senses, and everything really feels alive for me. There's tons of action, movement and involvement in every aspect of being here. It feels energizing. I don't know how I'm going to be able to remember everything here, but I'm sure trying to document. Probably more than I should. I should take time to observe, relax, and just be in Manhattan,

Tonight I'm off to a concert in central park and hopefully a few lovely beverages in a nearby establishment. WOW! I hope I can carry this feeling in what I'm teaching in a few weeks. It's hard to believe it, but I'll be going back to school in just a couple of weeks. However, I think I have a new skills, and new ideas to pull from.

Now if I could just get over these darn stress dreams.

No comments: