Sunday, March 28, 2010

officially on break

YAY! I made it. And so far so good.

Ruth and Ewan made their visit. We had a great time, although it was short. We met up with some teachers we both used to work with and a nice Friday evening, although it wasn't what it used to be. Still, it was nice to catch up on all the gossip around the district.

Then we headed back to our house for a around of Rock band! Beatles style. I love playing it, but it's hard! I cannot play the drums very well, so I always want to play the guitar. It was fun.

The next day we had a nice breakfast and met up with some of their former neighbors for lunch at Busboys and Poets (never disappointed with that place). A good spot for lunch. They have a lot of interesting books and art items to look at. They pride themselves on progressive thinking, environmentally conscious, and for art of all kinds. We had to wait forever to eat, but it was worth it.

From there the guys parted ways with the girls, and we headed out to Tyson's mall. It is a mecca to all shoppers, but I wasn't feeling it. She needed to find a dress for all the weddings she'll be attending this summer (mine included), but there really wasn't a lot to look at yet. So we just window shopped and talked. I think we were both extremely overwhelmed. I actually couldn't remember the last time I had been in a mall. I can tell you right now, I hope it will be a while longer before I go back..

That night us girls remained by ourselves and rented "500 Days of Summer". I liked it. I don't know I liked most! The soundtrack- awesome. The look - awesome. Zooey Deschanel's clothes -- love them! The cuteness- love love love it... The chalkboard wall-- I need one. I liked it a lot.

This weekend was a great way to begin the spring break. I hear the weather will be better by the end of the week, so I'm really excited about it. My tulips are starting to come up, and I'm ready to let the windows stay open, the dog run free, and just be outside again...

Oh yeah- one more important thing, must send invitations....

No comments: