Sunday, February 06, 2011

Applying to get out there!

So, we may be a day late and a dollar short for the teaching international recruitment fair this year, but we decided to throw our hat in the ring anyway.  There were only 4 schools we could apply for anyway, because of what we could teach.  We wrote a really good cover letter and revamped our CV and added a picture of us from Italy.... So maybe someone will investigate or give us a reply.  If not, we're ready for the next round a year from now.

I've been wanting to put my hat into the ring for sometime now, and since J is still looking and searching high and low for a permanent job, I finally got him on board.  Is he still going to be looking for a job to stay state side?  Sure! But at the rate this economy is going, I have a feeling we'll be in the same spot as this past year. 

It's good to break the mold every once in a while, I tell him, get out of your comfort zone! See what's out there! You never know where it can take you!  So if we don't get a job this time around, maybe it will lead to other avenues of thinking for the both of us.

1 comment:

Jona said...

Woohoo! Now it's my turn to say, "Good on YOU!" I'm glad you two are giving it a shot and especially that you are going to keep your options for change open. Who knows??