Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Lacking in postage

Sorry, just keeping my eyes posted on what's happening in Egypt.  What an incredible time.  I'm sorry to see it turn after yesterday.  The protest I saw yesterday is completely different then the violence I saw today.  I know that a revolution can not make a society go backwards.  But I hope, really hope, that Egypt will be able to unify itself again.

I was lucky enough to experience some real bouts of national pride when some friends and I attended the African Cup Final in Cairo.  Egypt won!!!   And I utter saw happiness, joy, and really loud celebration! 

I'm glad that they're back on line, I'm glad that we're able to get some more authentic reports. These are some photos of where I lived .

1 comment:

Jona said...

This post is so interesting because I was JUST going to post photos of the Africa Cup and our place there as well as a few thoughts about Egypt. I still will, but we must be thinking similar things...