Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fall is in the air

Oh, it's been so nice today. This morning I had the windows down on the way to work, then this afternoon I was out and about...and now there's no hum of the loud air conditioning unit, and no fans. Just a nice breeze, fresh air, and a happy me.

School is on right now, and I'm trying to get used to the students right now. There too many kids uninterested in expressing themselves, so I'm trying to come up with some many alternatives. But I want them to have some skills. (not computer hacking skills...)

I can actually see myself making it through the year this time. It's about damn time!!!!

If there was one crazy thing I could change right now, it would be to still have cheap summer fruit. But I guess it's almost fall, I have to make way for apples and cider (yum...cider)

Still painting away, but nothing is finished. I have a couple of things in mind, but I had a run in with some really unsavory sales people at Micheal's. I know, shouldn't have gone there in the first place. They made dents in the canvases I brought up to the register, and thought I was crazy for trying to not buy them. I don't want things I paint on to have dents.... CRAZY! So I moved on and went to Pearl. Pearl is an art supply store, but in the past they've been so idiotic it's driven me to drink. However, now they know me, they give me the discount without asking... so I will now only go to them. Unless I happen to be downtown (never happens), I'll go to Utrecht.

Ok, there are so many stories that I've been keeping track of in my head. For example, the student that refused to give me any information about himself, or sign anything. Yeah, he didn't want to do it, so I offered to write it in for him, and then he could sign off on the info.... I go through the questions: name, address, etc... Then: When is your birthday? His answer: September 30th. I asked him to say that again..... he said: September 30th. I said: That's my birthday... So from then on he's been an angel. Signing things, participating in class. It's great. That might be my answer for any kid: That's my birthday too!

No, I wouldn't do that....

Ok, on to preparing for tomorrow...

No comments: