Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Amazing connections

I had to go to a meeting today over at the new High School. I wasn't looking forward to it, except for seeing the brand new classrooms. Otherwise, we were all just there to get a bunch of irrelevant information (an e-mail would have been sufficient). But anyway, I walked into this art classroom and I was a bit early, so the teacher just let me sit and wait while she was talking to this other art teacher.

So I wait, and she introduces me to the new art teacher. I KNOW HER! I met her 3 years ago when I went to the recruitment fair for international schools. In fact we rode in the same van to the airport in Boston. At first we didn't know what our connection was. But we both felt that we knew each other. We both were struggling to figure it out. And that's what it was. Turns out she was in Hong Kong! It's such a small world. I remember her being really nice, and we talked while we were at the fair. So this is great. It's amazing how people end up going in and out of your life, and then coming back in again!

Tomorrow I'm off to Rilo Kiley at the 9:30 club. Should be a fun show, too bad it may rain, so the walking to and from the club may be a little wet. I'm just hoping my sister shows up on time.

No comments: