Sunday, September 02, 2007

Weather Wonderful!

It's so beautiful! You couldn't ask for anything better. Blue skies. Low humidity. Moderate temperatures. I wish it could stay like this forever. Unfortunately, just because it's finally September doesn't mean that 90's will go away. I think the next few weeks will be pretty warm (but after that I'll ask myself where summer went). But really, it's just so nice.

Saturday I practically lived outside. Mostly under a tree in a park. Watched people, walked around, talked a lot with my friends. Everyone I came across was smiling.

GW parkway was amazing. It was so clear you could see all the monuments, the capitol building. I love it. I really do think it's one of the best drives in America. I know I haven't been on the Pacific coast highway (and I'm sure that's amazing), but I really love driving and seeing all of DC, the trees, the water. It's definitely a welcome sight. It feels like home.

So, school officially begins next week. The Art League donated hundreds and hundreds of oil paints. Of course, I have nothing for the students to paint on yet, but I have to create a list of needs, and I have this parent/volunteer/artist who's going to help me. AMAZING!

I don't know, maybe things are finally putting themselves in order.

No comments: