Friday, September 21, 2007

The week has finally lapsed

I'm so glad the week is over. It's been good for the most part. Little hiccups in the road of life. Like my front right tire. Last weekend it was going flat, then it went flat towards the end of this work week. So today I took it into my dealer. They also changed the oil, but told me my tire needed to be replaced...but, they couldn't replace it. So they shipped me off to the NTB place. Well, they changed it. But it's on the wrong part of my car. The new tire is on the back right, not the front right, and mysteriously there is now a nail in the front left tire. Did they replace the wrong one, did they rotate it? What happened? So I have to go back early in the morning tomorrow...yuck. So as soon as they look at my tire, I hope they say it's just been rotated. The bad news is that I'm probably going to buy a second tire. Yes, I guess I'm giving myself tires for my birthday.

However there are bright spots. Saturday I'm going to Arlington to hang out with some friends (new friends), then on Sunday I'm headed out 66 to go to a winery with J. So excited, it's going to be a good time. J and I always have a good time.

This week at school was hectic too. We had some students get shifted around. Some went to another place, parents came to visit, I made kids start to draw a still life (very ambitious of me). I'm a little disheartened by my job this year. I think that comes with any job, it's my second year, I'm used to a bunch of other things, and I don't have to deal with the other principal. But, it opens other chances for me to see what is really going on. The system can only do so much to help these kids. There needs to be some kind of halfway house between the D-home and their "normal"lives. It's sad to see kids learn skills, and be proud of themselves, only to find that they have no where to turn, so they might as well just live life how they used to. I really do love my job, and I'm glad I have it now. If this were 7 years ago I'd be sad, bewildered, and upset about it all. I am upset, but I just want to do the best job I can to make the students I have feel safe. Give them an opportunity to grow and learn. I'm never gonna know what really happens to these kids. I can only offer them my knowledge and my care. Sure, I wish some of them would get over themselves, crawl out from their respective attitudes, and get out of my face (occasionally and rarely), but for the most part I really like them.

So bring on the fall. I'm hoping that this last weekend will end summer. I want next weekend to feel like fall, and I want the leaves to start changing. I want to wear sweaters and jackets.. I want to feel cozy and warm. I feel warm, but not cozy.

Ahh----weekend........enjoy

No comments: