Monday, December 03, 2007

Hurry! The holidays are coming!

All you need is the letter "A" to make it into "Hurray". Coincidence, I think not. But I think I'll stick with hurry. I managed to put up some lights already! Wow, how very unlike me. It must be this blustery weather we're having. This next weekend we're even venturing out and attempting to find a tree that may fit in my tiny apartment. I'm hoping for something kind of thin and tall.

I'm not lucky enough to live in Egypt anymore, so that means I can't have new clothes tailored to fit me. Too bad I only realized it was possible towards the end of my stay in Cairo to take advantage of such a thing. But, I digress. So, in light of a formal event I have to attend in a week and 1/2 I decided to order a dress ( only tried on like 30 of them at the mall). It's nice, probably the most expensive piece of clothing I own, and hopefully I won't just wear it once, and.... hopefully it will work for this thing I gotta go to. Not that it's a bad thing to go to a birthday party, but a formal birthday party? When I'm 70 I hope people treat me that well.

I can't believe that winter is upon us. Luckily we've escaped the snow, thus far, but the wind is heinous. The wind rattles my windows and has sent all the remaining leaves off the trees. Just makes me want to crawl into a little hole, read a book, and enjoy some nice warm cider. Mmmmmmm...cider.

In just a few weeks I can re-watch "Lost: Season 3". I think it will be mailed to me before the new year! Holy crap? A new year? I don't even really want to think about that just yet. I'm not ready. One step at a time.

No comments: