Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Christmas Time in the City...

This weekend was a fun one. Friday was chilly, and a little wet, but "J" and I headed into DC and went to "Olives", a really nice Italian restaurant downtown. It was good too. I had butternut squash tortellini with a delicious sage and brown butter sauce, with a nice feta salad. Then for desert we split a "fallen" chocolate cake.... Also had some really nice wine. So yummy, and my belly was full.
Saturday was non-stop craziness! Full of driving, parking, and crazy shopping all around downtown. I think I went all over the place in DC. I managed to find a few things, but "J" was the one on the prowl for presents. We had a hard time finding a parking spot, so we gave up and went into a parking garage, can you say ripped off? I hate parking in those things. He found some good presents for some of his friends and families. It's then that I realized I wasn't done shopping for everyone yet... so I have some work to do this week. Ugh. My dad is the toughest. And I realized I don't have he benefit of living anywhere exotic this year, so I really need to think. Last year I waited and and waited and came up with something lame for him. So I need to try really hard. And my sisters!! Don't even get me started... Honestly, they should just get coal.... hummm... now that's an idea.

Saturday night I invited R and E over to help decorate the tree. I'm so happy that I finally have my own tree. I unpacked all of my treasured ornaments. I had forgotten my mom had given me some of the pretty German ones we acquired while we were living there. It's starting to look pretty. It needs some tinsel though... Yes I come from a tinsel happy family. We very carefully put each strand on the tree as if to simulate the dripping of water falling down the tree's branches. It's almost like practicing some from of zen.
But here are some pics anyway.... in reverse order........


Me and J



E and Me (husband of R --below, we're growing beards for Santa..hohoho)


R and me




Chimney sweep and Santa Claus



I like this picture. We're all in it, and we're all focused on doing something different.


The bare tree! I'm naked!!!
Until next time.... Keep warm.

No comments: