Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Wow, snow! Now, I know some of the people a little north of me got dumped on. But I have to say it was a little serene to watch the snow fall from inside the D-home. Most of the kids were super-chill today. All making for a cozy, warm feeling that echoed through the halls..... just kidding!

The kids did enjoy seeing the snow, however, it brought about constant disruption and what if's all day long. Except from the girls. They actually were super-chill, and are loving every second of my class.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I love that class. There's 12 of them, which actually is a lot for the girls unit, but they love ART! YES! Finally! Some girls come in here so hard and so tough, they just keep up the attitude and appearance of being a "hater" , but really, once they're here, they warm up, they melt the ice away. If only they could feel so comfortable with themselves outside the d-home.. -sniff-

In other news. My upstairs students finally finished their sports drawings for the PE room. It was a long time coming, and they look AWESOME! They came out great. Unfortunately we can't hang them in a normal fashion, so I had to laminate them. NO glass allowed anywhere.

SAFETY FIRST!

In the mean time, I'm working really hard on a painting right now, but it's disastrous, I may just do it all over. So frustrated by everything about it. Color, composition...... SO I plan on working on it the rest of this week and next week. But then, I'm done. I think it's been in front of me too long.

No comments: