Monday, January 14, 2008

Too long..

I haven't been writing in my blog a lot in these last few months. And I was thinking I had time as an excuse. Which really isn't true. It's just that I really haven't felt like it. I'm not really sure why. However, I am going to try to be more prudent. Although it may turn into political rants, and positions about public policy (because after all it is a huge election year).

But I hope to kind of turn this blog into more than just ramblings. I can't believe it's already Mid-January. Like many of you I've probably already broken a thousand promises to myself.

So I've been thinking a lot about going international again.... I think I do every year at this time. This is when teachers go to the recruitment fairs, and go to a million interviews to snatch a job you might like in a strange country.... It's a crap shoot,unless you do your research. While I do love traveling, it's just not the same as living and experiencing another culture first hand. And while I love where I live, and would like to stay here, there is something that is always calling me somewhere else. I think about those ideas, and I'm still trying to hatch a plan that will get me there.

Good thing "J" is open to these possibilities. He is doing a job search right now, and I already threatened him that if by June he doesn't find his "dream" job, then we should try to snatch up a last minute placement for the next school year in a foreign land.... Of course I think he just really wants to get a job in this area and stay (and most of me hope he does too).

1 comment:

jemmy said...

Hah! I have found you! Can't wait to see you when you come for a visit.