Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Survived!!


Happy New Year! Enjoy a lovely beverage!!!


No more smoking in Alexandria or France! Enjoy it at home people.

Ok, so we were the balloon rescuers. The people next to us were capturing them and using their lighters to pop them. Ruth and I managed to save at least a dozen and proceeded to release them in another location....away from the lame people.


Jarle, Me, Ewan and Ruth! Happy '08!

I'm kind of glad that the holidays are over. There was a lot of rushing around, and not enough relaxing time. And it all got capped off by a flat tire first day back to school. ARGH! Merry Christmas, time to buy new tires. It was a good break though, filled with lots of family, other people's families, and friends. I spent a lot of time in the car, so it's no wonder my car greeted me that way this morning. Up to Gettysburg, down to Charlottesville and all around the beltway. Well worth the miles put on my car. Next year, beach vacation????

New Year's was a lot of fun, and I took dozens of random blurred pictures of the night time festivities. I can't believe it's 2008! Where does the time go? Forget resolutions, I never keep them anyway, so I guess I just vow to not be a slug. AND- to get out and use my new passport. I think I can keep those.

So happy new year everyone. It's going to be an interesting one, lots of politics, we'll elect a new president. Hopefully not Huckabee, because I'll have to leave the country if he does get elected (and oh are you going to pay attention tomorrow?-- it's all about Iowa). We'll watch tons of stuff happen, hopefully it won't be all bad....Although, are you watching the news? It's all doomsday. But anyway, there will be new songs, new tv shows, new movies, new haircuts, new foods, new ways to decorate. Life will go on...

I hope the holidays treated everyone well. Be thoughtful, creative people, give something back.

No comments: