Friday, April 11, 2008

let the 4th quarter begin

Yeah, yesterday wasn't such a great day. I had to watch a kid get taken down in my classroom yesterday. Fortunately it was an empty classroom, because I had no class at the time. But to make a long story short it took 3 men to hold the kid down while he screamed, spit and thrashed around. He eventually had to be dragged and lifted to get to his room. It took them 1/2 hour to get him to a point where they could actually move him with out him hitting his head on something, or taking one of them out.

I got really upset after the ordeal, because no one wants to see something like that. Yes some of these kids wouldn't think twice about me or themselves, and what they did, but they're still kids. But, things like that are a wake up call for where I am working, and helping me to realize that safety truly is an issue at any moment. Any kid and anytime could react to something or decide to be aggressive or violent.

Many other things happened this week, so this was just the capstone. They ended up cutting the school day short because of other things that were happening back on the unit, and in some other classroom a student was concealing a pencil or something.

We just have some kids with some really aggressive behavior, dangerous psychological disorders, and violent kids. But the crazy thing is that they're mixed in with kids who do stupid kids things. It makes no sense to have them anywhere near each other.

Good thing it's Friday, it's a teacher work day, it's the end of the third quarter.

One more Quarter to go until summer break... Too bad that my 4th quarter is an extended one. My school year doesn't end until June 20-something! ARGH, I hope I make it.

This weekend I'm going to try to be outside, soaking in the lovely spring weather, eat some fancy food, play with Oliver (cutest 1 year and odd months old in the history of the world.) Have some fancy drinks. And relax..........

I'm really just wondering when I can go to the beach?????????humm......beach..I'll take any beach. Well, almost any beach. Not some trashy beach with anything man made washing up on the sand. (no thanks)

1 comment:

Jona said...

Either get your ass up to the flipping cottage or get your ass to the flipping Philippines!