Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mega Update!

Here are some fun things I've been doing since March.. Or completed. I haven't been taking tons of pictures, and I need to catch up. However, here are a few pics from the Cherry Blossoms this year, ATO's visit, and a painting. They're all kind of mixed up, sorry.

The beautiful Jefferson Memorial during the Cherry Blossom Festival. It was the first official day and there were tons and tons of tourists. The whole official festival is about 2 weeks longer during the height of the blossoms. This year, they were right on!


I don't think I've ever seen this many in bloom before. Last year I went towards the end and I missed a bunch. This year the color seemed stronger too!

Ok, here's the HUGE painting I did. It's like 4 feet tall. I spent tons of time on it, there's a detail below.

Me at the cherry blossoms. Note the the hue of my scarf. Damn, my hair is getting long. It was also kinda cold.

Opps, that one is on it's side, but you get the idea of how many blossoms were around!

It's TJ!


Close up of the lone blossom.


The Thomas Jefferson Memorial from the other end of the Tidal Basin.

It was also the kite festival. Although we made it down there late, there were still tons of people flying their kites. It was the perfect day, and I wish I had one to fly! Check out the dragon trying to land on the Washington Monument.


More kite flying. I love the arms!


OK- Busch Gardens, Williamsburg. "O" is a dancing machine. He taught us the hustle, and to bounce. Bounce with me, bounce with me....



Close up of painting. Here's where I'll explain what I did. I collaged song lyrics that my best friend chose. Then I did a loose wash over the whole thing, left the drips, tore away some of the paper so it would leave some dark spots. Then I made 2 inch squares across the whole thing in some kind of order... Then I made one inch square going in each direction as I turned the canvas. Then I painted my lettering (script, whatever you want to call it) in the bigger squares, and finally used a tiny black tipped pen to go over the entire 4 ft canvas (I don't recommend it).

I'm now working on another painting. I'm trying to create better layers. I'm in the early stages, and as you know me, sometimes I start something, hate it, and restart it, just to create layers...

Spring seems to be in full force here, although I think we're in for one final cold snap this week. I can really do without the 50's. I'm ready to be acclimated to the 70's and 80's. The sun is great, and being outside is soooooooo nice!

I will try to be better about updating my blog, but my computer at home stinks, and I rarely get a chance at school to sit and write... What does that say about me? I am too lazy to fix my dang computer at home......

1 comment:

Jona said...

Hello my love,
About time for an update! Thanks for that - I love it. That painting you did looks awesome. I can't wait until you can make one for Cory and I. Someday . . . The cherry blossoms look gorgeous. I can't believe how long your hair is! I hope you get to cut it soon!!! :) Now, get some sleep, will ya!?!