Monday, April 28, 2008

Cute things

J and I went for a hike around Burke Lake this Saturday. I didn't even know this place existed in the middle of suburbia. But there is a man-made lake in the middle of NOVA. It's about 5 miles around. Which was a beautiful hike. Very nice way to spend a warm Saturday. You can almost NOT here the passing cars, ambulance sirens, and 18-wheelers...almost.

But there were many cute things.

One of the first things we saw a group of geese. MEAN-- they are mean, but this little gosling was so cute.. So very cute.



Here they are drinking water from the lake. They didn't snap at me or chase me, but geese are known for being one of the most territorial flocks ever!! And they honk at you all the time.



J managed to capture this picture of a beautiful bird. A cardinal?

I think more hiking is in order for us, it was a beautiful day.

Caught up on some movie watching once the rain came in to. Saw a bunch of really creepy dramas:

Before the Devil Knows your dead. A pair of brothers decide to rip off their parents' jewelry store... Not really sure I liked this one, though. I don't know.

Fracture. Could Anthony Hopkins NOT be scary? He plays a husband who kills his wife.

The Prestige. Amazingly much better than anticipated (Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman help....and if your a male movie goer, Scarlett Johannson is in it too). 2 magicians try to outdo each other...but it gets creepy.

Gone Baby Gone. Perhaps one of the best movies I've seen in a really long time. It's difficult to take in... but so good. Detectives investigate a missing child.

There's a few more I've seen in the last few weeks, but these are the most memorable. There's a lull in the movies I'd actually like to see. Still trying to see Juno--everyone I know has seen it.....except me.

No comments: