Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Times

It's been a whirlwind of school year. And who knows? Things might be up for a change again. With the economy the way it is, no one knows what will happen next. I thought J and I had recession proof jobs. Turns out, I at least do. J was reduced to half time at his non-profit job. He's busily searching for something as quick as possible, and so, times are interesting.

We're doing fine, we will just be living tight for a while. He is looking for jobs all over the world, which excites me to no end. I would love to pick up and move to some exotic locale, and would be totally up for it. We may put our hat in the ring of International teaching. We're still tossing the idea around. He would do it if there was no other choice. He doesn't see himself as a high school teacher.

But he does see him self as a college professor. Which I see. So he's made a huge decision to apply to a University in New Zealand. It might be a shot in the dark, but he knows the head of the department there and has some "ins" so it's a very big possibility that this could happen!

I'm trying to remain calm about it, but I am hoping that this could be a move we could make. I am currently imagining what I would do there, how I could get a teaching job? Or if I could focus on something else? I think about the nature and beauty. Ahhh!

But for now, I'm here. I really love the one school I'm at most of the week. And if we do stay here because he got an amazing job change state side, I'd be fine with that. We have our house, we have our life. It's all good.

So the times they are a changing, but almost always for the better, at least in my opinion.

9 more days of school, Christmas time approaching fast, but the tree us up!!!

No comments: