Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back at it!

What a wonderful idea- move the easel upstairs to where the light is, maybe you'll paint more! Yes, it happened. Out of the basement and into the tiny second bedroom that is also a closet, computer room and now my studio. I spent all day Tuesday organizing and moving all the stuff up and down the stairs in the house. But what a pay off. There's tons of light that flows into that little room, and just enough space to hold all my supplies, and lets me spread out if I need to.

I finally finished a collage that will be the basis of a painting. It's been unfinished for 2 whole years (it's also 2 by 4 feet). Amazing. I also finally started applying pieces to a smaller canvas that has been staring at me for a year or so as well. Maybe by the end of the year I'll have enough pieces for a show.

It's so nice to have a space where there is enough light, and I can actually leave things out with no worries about cleaning it up or anything. Finally!

So this could be a really good start to 2010, now, if I can get back on track with the running.... hummm.....

1 comment:

Jona said...

Nice work, Kofta! How exciting that you finally have a space where you WANT to be to do art! I can't wait to see some of your finished pieces...