Saturday, January 23, 2010

keep doing what your doing.

I really want to complain right now, but I'm not going to.. But I'm just letting you know that it's out there.

I had a really nice morning today. I had a nice freshly made cappuccino made by yours truly, and my lovely husband made me some delicious pancakes. What a treat! Then we slowly got ready for the day, took Lhotse for a walk, and I made my way to Silver Spring by way of metro.

I met up with a friend who I used to work with at the D-home. It was nice to meet up with my friend because it had been a while since I had seen her. We caught up with everything, and talked about old times, old students, new times, and new students, the way things are, and the way things that aren't changing.

We made our way to a new wine store that her friend just opened up. He's from Nepal and moved here a while ago. After working for the hotel industry for a long time I guess he figured it was time to be his own boss. And now he is. It was a really nice store, and I'm so glad I met him. He and his wife are super nice, and super sweet, and they said they'd be willing to show my art work in their little store. So I'm going to send them some pictures of what I do, and then I guess they'll say if they actually want it or not! But the wife seemed to be into showing work, and hanging it! So I think it will be a good thing! It's better than letting my work sit in closet, and letting it just slowly deteriorate. So maybe something will come from this. I might try to get them to sell my note cards too. We'll see.

So what I need to do is-- make art! Duh!

In other news--- is it spring yet? Come on spring! I'm so ready for warmer weather, and it's only the end of January.

1 comment:

Jona said...

That's great news! I hope it works out for you! Aren't weekends wonderful? :)