Sunday, January 17, 2010

A very gray Sunday..but productive.

So it's raining outside, and pretty dark. We had a good run of the sunny skies for a while, but I hope it doesn't take too long to come back. So with the hope of warmer weather, I decided to start getting back into the running. Yikes. Shocker, 3 miles felt like 100 miles today. I haven't run in so long, and this was the first run of the new year! I hate to admit that, but it's true. I just hate the gym so much, and have pretty much been avoiding it throughout the cold weather months. Meanwhile, the holidays have come and gone, as well as all those delicious treats, meal after meal, and that extra cookie-- or 2 or 3.... So it's time to get back in there, do some work, and prepare to fit into clothes I've been avoiding these last few months.

So wish me luck on this goal, hopefully I can just keep thinking "Wedding Dress" and that will give me the motivation I need to push through. Although, sunlight and warmer temperatures are always welcome, because I am more of an outside person.

Other then that, it's been a really nice relaxing weekend. J and I made a purchase. We didn't give gifts this year, but did nice things for each other instead. But then yesterday, while looking for things to fill a gift basket for my parents (for all the nice things they do for us), we stumbled on a relatively inexpensive cappuccino machine! We looked at it, maybe stared longingly, and Jarle said," This could be a Christmas present to ourselves." Who am I to disagree with such a smart man! So we got it, we've already made a few lovely beverages, and it's just so nice to have. It will make the weekends that much more special and DELICIOUS!

In the art department- things are getting better. I'm working on a gigantic painting, it's coming along. J keeps reminding me that I should scale down so I can sell my work. And I know I should, I'll keep trying. I just like BIG! But he's right, maybe there's more of a chance to build my portfolio and even sell some work. That would be nice!

It's shaping up to be a busy next couple of months. But that's ok, I like to be busy. I have a presentation to give on Tuesday about the LCI (Lincoln Center Institute), then I need to get started on the school play scenery stuff (and I think a few props). We'll be waiting to hear from Jarle's applications for new jobs, planning the wedding.

Cross your fingers for J's applications. It's a tough time to look for a job, but I'm hoping he can find something in the next couple of months. Luckily he's still on staff where he is, and will continue for the next couple of months.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend wherever they are. Enjoy the time you have to relax! Do something nice for yourself.

1 comment:

Jona said...

Awesome about the cappucino machine. Good work. Thinking of you and J for the future...