Thursday, January 07, 2010

A small rant

I try to never be absent, but life happens and you gotta have a plan. This year we've had to make extra plans (in case of flu). I have a normal emergency plans and then if I know I'm going to be absent I try to have the students continue working on something. Then there are the plans that I make for when most classes are finished, or there are just way too many supplies to keep track of.

So I did that. I created a plan because it was right before the holidays, and show was expected. So something easy, and something that could be done with all grade levels.

I left it in a clear area, and also made a note of that in my request. PLEASE FOLLOW THE LESSON PLAN!

The sub did not. And what kills me is that this person totally wasted tons and tons of construction paper. She actually didn't do anything. Really, I'm sure she just sat there and picked her nose.

Maybe I shouldn't get too worked up over this, however, when your budget is only $500 for the whole year- for the whole school, wasting 100 sheets of constructions paper really makes me on. I basically get to spend less than one dollar on each student. And when someone comes in and decides to do their own thing it really makes me mad.

I asked the principal if he heard anything from her, i.e. maybe she couldn't find my clearly marked BRIGHT GREEN FOLDER that was thick with examples, plans, class lists, emergency information etc... He said no. In fact he said," Honestly, she probably just winged it."

This is the school I detest. And it continues....

Sorry about the rant, may this be the only one of 2010! (Cross fingers)

No comments: