Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It's a beautiful day out there

Somehow it's always nice after a summer rain storm.  You get much needed precipitation to make sure you lawn and garden are maintaining that green sheen, and it just cools everything off.  At least for a few moments.  I seized the day this morning by taking a nice walk around the neighborhood.  It DOES look nice and green.  This is usually not the case by the end of July.  Usually every one's yard looks so brown, that the grass just breaks off like straw. (Except for the people who water their lawn constantly)  It's so nice to look around and seeing things blooming, vegetable gardens providing nourishment, and trees not sagging from the heat and humidity.

I hope that I can maintain that feeling (the not sagging part).  I'm in the final stretch of summer vacation and I want to make sure I use every moment I have to do the things I love.  One of them being CREATE ART!  I've started a few small pieces, but they aren't quite there yet.  They seem a little lacking.  I'm not sure what yet.  As you know I create a lot of layers in my art work, and I think the one that's giving me trouble needs another layer of something.  Layers are intriguing to me.  Think of all the things that are layered.  Right?  SO much to un-peel and pull back.  The core, the center, the inner piece is protected or hidden from layers.

Ohh-- I just got some ideas.

Anyway, it is a beautiful day out there, I'm hoping the heat and humidity stay back a little longer so I can enjoy the last of my cappuccino (home made) outside on our little patio.

I hope you're enjoying the day where you are.

No comments: