Monday, November 06, 2006

The Midwest

........NOT that bad. I was scared at first, venturing into the unknown and what not. But there it was in all it's glory. Space, nice people, a mid size city. Even a decent art scene that I could actually entertain getting into! Imagine that! Now, I'm not saying that I'm moving.. Cause, I'm not. But you can buy a church for $50,000. Or a building that you could live and work in (historical) for $90,000. Or-- you could buy a beautiful home for $150,000! Rent-- around $400 depending on what you want. Give or take $100. AMAZING!

I don't know. I'm definintely glad I went out there, and I know what's there now. It is a great place to live. It's not touristy. It's really a city for living. So many places I've visited and that's the difference. Many cities are very toursity, or cater to visiting people. Especially mid-sized cities. I didn't feel like it was "midwest". I felt like it was still Eastcoast, except without the attitude, and a little more gracious. Not as much material, more genuine. Good places to eat (although the salsa was not even remotely hot---darn).

One thing at a time. First I have to move out of my "room". Then I have to make my new place my own. Then....we'll see.

I

No comments: