Friday, November 17, 2006

Wow, what a week

It all began on Monday, of course, when I got an e-mail from my friend Amy... The timing couldn't be more strange, but she asked me if I was interested in taking over a business along with her. What, you say? Kate running a business? Well, first of all, it would be an art eduation related business, so it's not coming out from left field. Although right now I'm sitting here thinking about it, and wondering, how am I going to do this. ANYWAY... Amy has worked for the business owner since the end of summer, and the guy wants to sell it and get out. It's profitable, has only been up and running for less than a year, and has so much growth potential...at least in our minds. So............... we're going to do it.

As you may hae guessed, Amy and Travis are the ones that live out in Kansas City, MO. So that's where I'm headed. SHOCKER! I know. Kate who always said she wouldn't be caught dead in the middle of the country, is now headed towards tornado alley.. Who would have thought? But that's the way life is. Isn't it? You never, ever know where life will take you. I never planned on going to Egypt either....

It's not without pause though. We're doing some hard thinking and trying to cover all our bases with a plan to take it over. It won't be finalized until about April, and it could fall through.. Who knows... but, it's happening, it's in the works.

It's exciting and I'm super nervous about owning a business, but I think it will work.

Phew.........now that's news

No comments: