Friday, November 24, 2006

Well then...........

So there's been a lot going on in the last 2 weeks. My title says I'm not shipwrecked, but it is how I feel right now. I'm really worried about the commute. I'm very scared that it's just going to break me down. I'm trying to figure out alternatives. It's looking rough. I have a couple of friends who are willing and able to let me stay with them a couple nights a week, so that's great. And I have 19 days of sick leave, so I might as well take those, when I feel like I need them. It's just going to be hard. I'm not sure what the next few months will bring. I guess a lot of thinking and a lot of listening to music. Anyone got any ideas for driving music? I've tried listening to books on tape, but I'm usually distracted and don't get to listen to the story, so I think that's out. Same with foreign language tapes, but maybe I could do it with a language I'm already familar with, like French, German, Spanis, or even Italian... I don't know.

I'm thinking it's going to just have to be one of those things where I'll wake up, work, try to make it to a gym, or some kind of active thing, and then eat a quick meal and go to bed. I think that's going to be my life for the next 6 months. I can't quit my job. I can't. Because there is definite opportunity to save a lot of money for the big move to KC.

I guess I just feel nervous about it. This holiday has made me feel very anxious, and I haven't really been doing anything except think about what my options are for the next 6 months. Is saving money worth the grief at work? Is driving almost 2 hours each way worth it? What about gas? That's like paying rent. What about my well being? How will that change?

I've thought about getting part time jobs in Gettysburg. I think I could probably sub everyday, but I wouldn't have health insurance. I could work a series of part time jobs, or even take a risk and try to work at bakeries and coffee shops. But I can't earn enough. Part of me would just like to quit my teaching job, and the other part of me would like to pull through.... which I'm known to do in almost any situation. It's part of my personality. I like to see things through... I guess that's why I end up in some strange situations sometimes, or negative ones.

One thing is for sure, I can't quit now, it's close to Christmas, I only have about 4 more weeks until another break. It's certainly do-able. But is the rest of the year?

Oh well. I guess we'll see about that.

At any rate, I hope Americans had a good Thanksgiving. I enjoyed all the side dishes I could manage. And I'm going to try to use them today in leftovers. We'll see what happens. My mom said I should be creative.....

No comments: