Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's been a long time

I guess I'm trying to figure out what I want to write on this page. There is so much rambling around in my mind, that I'm not sure what I want to put down. I guess the first thing that I always am thinking about is my job. I know by now, that there is no perfect teaching job. For instance, sometimes it's the students. Sometimes it's the administration, sometimes it's both. I think I'm hitting the wall, though. I'm not quite sure how I'll make it through the next six months. This is the first job I've had where I thought I could actually make a difference in the lives of the students I teach. I have small classes, no behavior problems, and they're actually learning. I'm not bored either. I get to know my students, I get to see them everyday.

But the principal. She makes it horrible for me to accomplish that everyday. She is a tyrant. She's not pleasant, she's sarcastic, moody, and filled with hate. She has no life and makes it an intolerable atmosphere.

So I need to be proactive, even though I'm not going to be there next year. I can't let this woman ruin the teachers that are here. So I'm going to talk to her boss. I already talked to her about some of my more diplomatic concerns, but she passed me by. So, I've decided to go up the chain of command.

Only one more week until break. And I think, I can make it.

No comments: