Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Everything's up to date in KC.........

I just returned from a short trip to KC. A little site-seeing. I went to the Nelson-Atkins Museum, which is actually quite good. It's pretty big and has a variety of stuff. And it's free! I didn't know they had free museums outside of DC! Will I'll be!

Anyway, the goal of my trip was to visualize it as a place I could live happily. And I think it is. It's cheaper, a slower pace. It's friendly and open. Lots of parks. The only problem is the location, but I guess I can get over that. It's about 2 hours away from anywhere I'd want to be in the US.

So I am looking a real estate, and I'm going to see how much I can afford. It's a huge step, and it's really making me nervous to think that I would own a place all by myself.

The one thing I do kind of worry about is a job, a possible business venture, and moving to the middle of the country. HA! Who knew? But I guess one thing is for sure, that I'm really good about surprises, full of them. So full, in fact...

I got an e-mail from a teacher I knew in Egypt. He said they might be hiring for an art teacher at their school..........want to know where? Nepal! I know, it's my dream. I've always wanted to go there, and the school is amazing. So, who knows what will happen now. But if I got to interview for that job and then got hired. Well,. I think you'd have your answer, wouldn't you.

Anyway, 6 more months at my current job, and I can't really complain too much, except for the fact that the drive is horrible. It really makes me feel dead to the world when I get home. There usually is some relief. For instance, I'm staying closer in tomorrow night, and then even next week I will seek solice in some friends. All in all it's going. We have a short week next week. And maybe there will be some snow days here and there. I don't know. At any rate, I have a variety of students at the moment. All levels. That part, I still really really like..

No comments: