Sunday, January 28, 2007

From one end of Alexandria to the other.

Well, I'm really not enjoying this whole commuting thing. I just can't do it anymore. It's physically demanding, and really putting a lot of stress on the system. I know people do this everyday of their lives, for years. They may even drive more hours. I just can't do it anymore. It's taking away so much of my life, and I'm just wrecked. I'm not even driving it everyday. I stay at friends houses that are closer in. One friend's house is only about 10 minutes away. Hardly a commute at all! Everyone has been so helpful, but I just need my own space, my own area to enjoy. Time to do the things I like to do and not feeling worn out.

I think part of the reason I've felt that way was because I was sick this week. Not feeling good at all, the stress from the people I work with. It's just all too much. It's not like I have an office job where I can just close the door and work during the day, and then leave for a nice leisurely lunch. I interact with people all day long (which I like a lot). It just takes a lot.

So, I decided on Monday that I would start looking again for apartments. Just on a whim. But the more I looked, the more I realized that there was a lot open for me. There were lots of spaces that were unappealing (great private apartment in family home... NO thanks.. been there, done that). However, I found many spaces that I thought I would be able to live in and wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. So I have investigated a few, and I think I may move into one of them.

The space is a studio, not my first choice, but it's close to a lot of things that I like. For instance, the waterfront in Alexandria, Old Town, and the Mount Vernon bike path. It's in my range, and I think I could actually still save a bundle. So I might go again and look at it on Monday and put my application in. It's pretty basic, but has nice wood floors, good light (on the third floor). Seems quite. Has a separate area for dining, a separate kitchen, and one bigger living area. Small bathroom, and a huge closet.

We'll see. I hope it works out. I just want to be able to do the things I like. I've put about 10,000 miles on my car in the last few months. And it wasn't even to go on a trip anywhere. Just to get to and from work. That's just sad.

No comments: