Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend Spectacular

Whoa, time to recover from the weekend. Who would have thought? It all started Thursday. My sister and I ventured once again to the 9:30 club to catch Rilo Kiley. And it was well worth it. Front and center again we watched Jenny Lewis strut her stuff alongside of her amazing band mates. The opening bands weren't bad either. Art in Manila (part of Azure Ray) and Grand Ol' Party.. And we even got a bonus sighting of Winona Ryder! She must be following the band around...who knows.

Then Friday my parents came down and we had a family dinner of sorts. It was nice, and good to see them.... they drove back up to Gettysburg with "P" in tow. I guess I won't see them for a while since they're off to the beach (I'm slightly jealous).

Saturday was great. I caught up on a little sleep deprivation, and took it easy all morning, and made myself pancakes. Walked through Alexandria. Then I came back and prepared to get a little geared up for a little birthday celebration. "K&S" and "J" met up with me at home and then we all ventured out together to the Majestic Lounge to meet everyone else. It was the first time I had friends together from all different areas of my life. And the first time for them meeting "J". Everything was really good. The Majestic Lounge has changed a bit, no more brie (aw shucks) and the waitstaff forgot a bunch of orders. But music was good, until we moved upstairs-- yes less crowded, but music very very bad.

Sunday was great. Spent the day with "J" and we even played a little aerobie. Walked around Alexandria, and then made dinner. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. The weather was excellent, and I wish it could stay like this forever. The colors are muted, we need rain, but the temperatures and the sun are magnificent....it feels a little like NM. Speaking of, Math teacher going to ABQ for the balloon fiesta is bringing me back some green chili items! SO EXCITED !

So bring on the work week, I'm ready for it, and it might seem like a break, because the last few weeks and weekends have been jam packed.

No comments: