Saturday, March 15, 2008

Anxiety dreams and spring break

To my delight, I was able to leave early from work yesterday. My principal came into my room and said I could leave since I didn't have another class that day! How nice of him to do that for me. What principal does that? None, I tell you. None.

Too bad it didn't really give me a second wind, because by the time I got home I was completely ready for a nap. So that's what I did. I sat down on the couch, and didn't get up until "J" called. We had made plans to meet a couple friends down in my area of Old town and go have some middle eastern delights... J and I weren't really up to it, but we hadn't seen them in a while, so we thought we'd follow through.

It was ok, the hummus was good, the bread-- not so much. The wine was good. But everything wasn't really fresh, and obviously expensive for what it was. But we had some interesting conversation, and that led to all going for a pint to Ireland's Own (after all, it is so close to that all important green "holiday"). So we went, but J and I were fading fast. I had a pint of cider and J had some whisky (yuck, can't stand the stuff, but what you gonna do?). We chatted and listed to some Irish music and merrily walked home.

It's nice to be able to go out and not drive. I love the freedom of not being totally committed to the car. I would love to not even have a car. But it's just not possible right now. Even though I'm paying $35 a tank, it's necessary. I have to get to work. It's only about 7 miles away, but it's way too dangerous to ride a bike.....

By the way, would someone please tell me why gas stations need flat screen tv's? I don't need tv everywhere? I just don't. Some one's making (bush) a lot of money (bush) off of my consumption of oil (bush). DAMN IT!

I shall move on. It is inevitable that I have nightmare's after watching "Lost"...(don't worry I won't spoil it if you aren't watching). It's so stressful to watch that I have seriously messed up dreams. And maybe I shouldn't place all the blame on a tv show, I mean my job has been pretty stressful these past few weeks.

But anyway, my anxiety dreams usually end up being about my teeth. It isn't that they fall out, or get rotten, or something like that. It's that somehow I end up getting this "chewing gum" (I don't know what it is) stuck in my teeth. And the more I chew, the more it gets stuck. SO this time, i was able to pull some of it out. But it was like the more I pulled on it, the more it created. It was horrible. I woke up and there was a pool of slobber all over my pillow (I know nice visual).

So tell me what this means? I have been anxious, and I've seen all kinds of interpretations of teeth dreams, but none that has to do with stuff getting stuck in your teeth.

This morning I did get up late, and had a nice breakfast, even went for a lovely run. Although, my body is starting to feel it more...especially in the knees. Hopefully that just means I need new shoes. It is the beginning of spring break and I am hoping this week goes a little bit slowly, or feels a bit slower. I need to recharge. I still have to make it through all of June, only to have a month off, and back at it again.

Oh and everybody, pay attention to the news. All that crap is happening in Tibet. As you probably know, that's an area of the world that has always intrigued me, and if you hadn't guessed by now, I am boycotting the Olympics, and I'm not buying products made in China! You should do the same. Yes, I do have some products made in China, but I'm not buying anymore. Try to avoid it if possible. There are horrible things happening in China, not just to Tibetans but to all. And man, have you heard about some people not even going out for the olympics because they're worried about their health? Can you imagine tring to run through the streets of Beijing for 26.2 miles?? Not worth it.

Peace Out!

No comments: