Tuesday, March 25, 2008

First day back, hard day back

It's kind of expected to come back to school with a certain amount of trepidation. Spring break is a cruel joke, kind of. It's a bad length. I would almost rather have 4 day work weeks for the rest of the school year rather than a spring break. It's a good size break if you actually go away from your area and treat yourself to a little R&R (I should have done that). It's a bad size break if you don't do so much with it and stay in the area. Make sense? Well, I guess what I mean to say is that I didn't unwind, I didn't have a sense of time off. I just ended up doing all the things I've been meaning to do. Run errands, pay bills, clean out the closet...all those things. So it wasn't really a vacation. And last night my mind was racing with all the other things I should have done before the break was over.

Ah, so I learned my lesson. PLAN TO GO AWAY FOR SPRING BREAK. And, definitely take a nice summer trip.

On the plus side, I was able to take that amazing to student to sign up for his scholarship course. That was truly the highlight of my week. He was pretty excited to get his art supplies, and now I'm sure he's really excited to get started on the class in a couple of weeks.

Made a trip up to my parent's house for a day. Good to see the parents, and get rid of some items I cleaned out of my closet earlier in the week. Too bad it was too cold to take Lhotse for a walk. Later in the week I made a trip down to Charlottesville with J for Easter. There, I got to catch up on a little bit of reading. We ate some good meals. Although, I didn't feel too well. I have a horrible constant dull pain in my shoulder that won't go away...

This week is a short work week (yessssss) and I hope to work on some art. I've been trying to make it more and more of a priority. Someday I may have a full body of work again. And a show? Who knows... People keep encouraging to make a website too, but I just don't have the time. Maybe another art blog?? Who knows...

Hopefully the week will get a little easier to handle as it goes by, and I'm just feeling a little shell shocked. I still have weeks ahead. All of April, May, and June. At some point I'd like to rethink this 11 month teaching job. I'm continually realizing just how stressful this workplace truly is.

No comments: