Thursday, May 07, 2009

Allergies

I'm so done with these allergies. I don't think I've ever experienced such a bad year with these. It's non stop stuffiness or the other. Yuck. Sneezing, coughing, gross stuff... you know what I'm talking about. I'm just ready to be able to breathe normally again.

My kids think I have Swine Flu--- nice. NO students, I do not have the swine flu-- maybe SARS, no just kidding.

This week has been going relatively well, despite lack of sleep and the perpetual drip from the nose. I came back on Monday, from having a sub on Friday, and the sub didn't follow a single plan. My room looked a mess, and there was paint everywhere. WHAT?? How can that possibly be? Anyway, after a freak out, I let the students see what was left over from the Friday before, and told them what I found....it hasn't happened since... I don't know why the substitute would let them get away with not cleaning up, and being so wasteful.... disappointed.

Anyway, almost nearing the end of this week, and it'll be a busy one again. Down to Richmond to visit J's family and then my parents will come down from PA on Sunday for Mom's day. I'm trying to figure out what to cook for my parents... I want to do something nice... I was thinking baked polenta with a red pepper sauce and some cheese somewhere in there. And a nice salad, and some kind of chocolate dessert.... hummmmm..... Yes, I think that sound like a winner!

Anyway- have been slacking on the painting this week do to how I'm feeling, and the fact that my students are working on altering books. So I''m just a step ahead of them... So I've been trying to do a page a day. I'm thinking that some of them get the concept. Others couldn't care less, and then some of them are just plain stuck. One of the things I thought they would like would be doing transfers. A few kids are really getting into it. But some of them don't want to bother with all the steps-- so they collage.

I myself, really enjoy doing transferring. It's fun, you can do so much them. I've done so many.

Oh man-- for you "Lost" fans out there... only one more episode left this season-- HOLY COW! I won't give anything away, but this was a very interesting season....... VERY. Too bad there's only one more episode, and then we have to wait again until February.... boooo....

Ok, I better go, next time I have to do some picture posting, I've taken a few pictures of my little art sketches, and some from Easter, and some from my students... I'll get around to it someday.

No comments: