Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bummer

Man, I overworked a painting today. I absolutely hate it. I kept trying to rework it, and to no avail. I completely destroyed it, I knew I should have stopped at a certain point, but kept trying to add to it. Layer after layer it just looked worse and worse.

Oh well, at least it was a very small, it was kind of like a test run on a new idea.... so no real harm done, just sometime spent. I did enjoy the time, however. I set up my drawing table on our enclosed porch, and the weather was just perfect. So I really loved being semi-outside. All the natural light that comes in is really nice.

I'm a little bummed, especially since I spend more time on preparing stuff for my students and less time on my own artwork. Times need to change, though. I've been saying this all year long, but I really have to make a promise to set aside time for artwork. I need to try to work my ideas into smaller pieces. I just don't get the results i like when I work small....

No comments: