Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ahh, school districts

Well, they're up to their old tricks again. First I got hired for the new are position, then it became a 1/2 time position, then maybe not. So now I'm being re-issued a contract for the detention home. After moving through the stages of grief in a period of 24 hours, I have finally come to accept that I WILL be doing another year at the detention home.

Of course it's going to turn out to be one of those things where, they are going to make a final decision in August, and well, it'll be too late for me, because we're in school already at the D-home.

So I'm shifting my mindset again. It'll be ok. I really hope that the detention center becomes a dictatorship... but I'm afraid with all the former military members on staff now, that's exactly what it will become. -le sigh-

In other news, I have a fantastic opportunity to go to NYC this Sunday. It's for the Lincoln Center Art Institute. I get to go with a few other teachers from our district. It'll be fun. 6 days! That's going to be a long time away from home... But I'm so excited. I think this will be good for me, and I get to see and hear from other teachers from all over. I think it's a full day 9-5, but I'm totally excited to be in a huge city and seeing all the sights, and experiencing so much.

Then I come back and 4 days later we leave for Italy! Phew!

So the world is good. Everything is fine. I just need to figure out how I'm going to teach next year. With the restrictions on so many supplies at my school, I'm going to be so limited. I'm thinking about teaching comics. Lots of drawing.....though.

Ahh- Happy summer everyone. Hope you're enjoying.

Oh- and P.S. I'm getting busy on my etsy sight! I'll let you know what will be on it, and when I have it up and running-- hopefully by the end of tomorrow.... So excited to just be out there. Now for the website..... hummmmm....

No comments: