Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The big push.

Things are getting a little tougher around school these days. I don't have a count down calendar going yet, but I think I might need to make one tomorrow. I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but maybe after this coming weekend I will.

I haven't heard about the transfer position, but I'm sure within the next week I'll know about an interview. I'm still on the fence about it, but I guess either way I'll make it work. I wouldn't mind being able to walk out the door of the detention center for good after this school year. It would be bittersweet, but also welcoming to know that I wouldn't have a huge weight about my shoulders day in and day out.

I'm not sure there's a perfect job out there for me, but I know this is not it. As an art teacher it's thrilling to have a small setting, but it's so transient you can't really get anywhere. I feel mostly like I'm on a bed of quicksand. Every time I make a move I slowly get pulled under. Not a good feeling.

Oh the joys of being a teacher, so up and down. It's the end of the year, I'm bound to be feeling a little tired. Unfortunately, I think it's a bit more than that this year.

Any who-- things to look forward to:

ITALY!

So excited, I really am trying to spend more time thinking and planning for that. Now that most of the planning is done, I'm really ready to go now. But, we have a little over a month before our plane across the Atlantic. I still don't know much Italian, but maybe if I make some flashcards I'll start memorizing some phrases. We have cd's, but haven't both found the time to sit and listen to them... opps, maybe I can upload them to my ipod and just have it going for the entire plane ride... Ha!

No comments: