Saturday, June 09, 2007

Get out and Play

If you're in my neck of the woods you should be outside today. I just got in, and it was a blast. Went to a BBQ and had fun. It was like a great time. Met new people, saw good friends, played..

AEROBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right. It was the wave of the future about (gulp) 20 years ago when I got my first Aerobie. The first one ended up in the duck pond in Bonn, Germany, and was not able to be fished out, unfortunately. HOWEVER- the thrower did buy me a new one to replace the old one. And I've had it ever since.

I don't know how you pronounce it, but it doesn't matter, because all you gotta do is play it.

Seriously, you couldn't have asked for a better day to do something outside. Yeah, it was warm, but nice breezes, and good shade under some trees. It was wonderful to actually just have the day off. Almost every week since March I've worked on Saturdays, but not this one. Tomorrow, however, I'll be inside.... but it's supposed to rain, so who cares.

I got my contract for the D-home. I will reluctantly sign it, unless by some chance something better just shows up on my front door..........................nope. Didn't happen. Oh well, this will be last year teaching for the public schools in Alexandria. At least, I think so. I hope so. Unless something really good happens. But I don't fancy working in an institution. It's hard. I don't get to go outside, I can't take my students outside. It's very difficult to work in that environment.

Anyway, last 2 days I'm not teaching. We're going to watch a movie. And they get to choose. They will have a choice between.......drum roll please.....

1. Corpse Bride
2. Labyrinth

They probably have no clue what the second one is, and will will probably choose Corpse Bride. However, I win either way, because I like both. In fact I was so excited to find Labyrinth. I didn't think it existed out there in storeland. I thought it was something that had to be special ordered, or e-bayed... NO!! NO sir! I bought that sucker from Best Buy (which happens to be one of my least favorite stores, by the way).

Anyway, get out there! Enjoy the weather....It won't be long until will code orange and red days!! And I"m not talking about the terrorist threat level.....

No comments: