Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ahh, almost there..

Well, the final weeks of school are coming upon me. This week is the last week of official teaching. So students are finishing up drawing faces. I'm cleaning up. IT has begun. I would like to do nothing more than forget this school year ever happened. Well, not totally, but on some level...for sure.

Unfortunately I have to show up for a few more weeks, doing random stuff. It won't be fun. It will be boring, but I hope to get a classroom out of the whole deal by the end of the year. That's right! Today I asked, " Can I get a classroom next year?". I didn't get an answer, really, but I hope to get a real answer by the time I am officially done in a few weeks.

I'm still looking for a new job, but I think I'll be there one more year. I may have an opportunity to teach art history at a local community college, but I'm not sure yet. They seemed interested, and I sent out my resume... and then nothing! We'll see. Then there's the possibility of landing a new job. I put a few random applications out there, one even in NC and one in PA. What am I thinking? I do not know.... I like where I live, I just want my job to be better.

Anyway, can't complain about life, I went to a concert on Sunday, and had a blast. I forgot how much fun it is to get out and do something a little different. It was Bloc Party, and they actually were really good. I happened to have a pretty good seat, as it turned out. I was right on the center aisle... about 15 rows from the stage!

First band that came on were "The Annuals" . They were really good. At one point they had 4 people drumming... Can you say percussion? 2 full drum sets for almost the entire show, and then in one song 2 others turned to the side to beat on their own couple of drums! It was great. I couldn't really understand the lead singers words, but it was lively and fun. Kinda sorta had an "Arcade Fire" tip.

Next was a trio-- Noisettes. British band. Good as well, the lead singer had a booming voice, tons of energy.. Don't know how to compare them except to say only slightly kinda sorta like the "yeah yeah yeahs".

LASTLY-- BLOC PARTY! They were so good. The drummer was fun to watch. Not only was he great, he was having so much fun. He would drum with one hand, hold up the other hand with a drumstick. Look at the crowd like he was going to slam the drum, and he would tap a cymbal ever so slightly. It WAS funny, and I think very humorous to him too (I saw him giggle a little). I'm not sure how many people paid attention to him doing that. I noticed.

The other high point was when the lead singer jumped off the stage and.....danced with everyone down the aisle! YES! That's right yours truly got to dance with him as well!! The bouncers didn't know what to do, I don't think they knew he was going to do that. How fun. I don't think I had ever danced so much at a concert actually.

If you ever have an opportunity to see someone you like at Constitution Hall in the DAR museum----- GO! There's not really a bad seat in the whole house.... So try to get the tickets.

So tomorrow....Wednesday. A student and I are going to make vegetarian chile. I don't know why I felt like doing this (I'm not even sure if I'm allowed). But there is this student who is really really interested in culinary school, she and I talk about it all the time. So it's time to actually do something. She's also working on a painting... A huge painting!!! So hopefully she'll finish that at some point too.

Ok, better go figure out dinner... not vegetarian chile.

No comments: