Monday, June 11, 2007

Manic Monday!

Crazy. So much went on today I can't even remember it all at this point. And I'm still up busy doing things. What's up with that?

Well I had work, like usual. And then I headed to the wine place. Work was just the same, except one class completely horrible. Not the fault of the kids, they can't help who the adults are in the room. I swear, why is it that these men like to force the power through the sound of their voice? They have to get louder and louder just to show what? That they can be loud? That's what I think, that's what the kids think. And it's awfully hard for me to reinforce the behavior I want to see in the students when the adults in the room aren't following it themselves. I HATE THAT! It's the worst part of the job, and it will never change.

The English teacher too, I just would not like to be around her at all. Everything is so negative. She seeks me out though... and I just try to grin and bare it all. Not too long from now, she'll be gone. If only I could be gone.

Speaking of which, I know it sounds crazy, but maybe overseas will be an option in a year. I don't know yet. Anyway.......moving on.

Wine job was long, but at least I made up stuff for myself to do. Like seeing which things needed prices, and which ones had none. WHOA! Hard job. I should be grateful I don't have to do much. I pretty much have to be there and I make money.

Had a good wine this weekend.... It's Italian. I forget the name, but the type of wine is Frascati (I think it's the name of the region). It's very nice. And cheap... $10! A steal! White wine, fruity.. nice for a hot day. I'm sure it comes in all prices, but mine was only 10.

The weeks just keep going by, and I feel like summer is going to just fly. I'm expected back on August 2nd. How awful. Everyone I talk to says that sounds good to them, but they don't do the job I do. And most teachers get more time off. But my contract says differently. Then the next question they ask me is," Are you going to work during your break?" Ummmmmmmm. Nope. I'm even thinking of dropping the wine job because I think I'm going to end up actually owing taxes by years end. Not the plan I was hoping for. So basically for teachers to work throughout the year is pointless because we'll just end up paying for it. We'll see.

Ok- better try and relax so I can go to sleep.....way too much going on in my mind.

No comments: